雙語講解-重點台詞-看《吸血鬼日記》學英語 第1季第3集

icy英語課程 發佈 2022-08-02T08:45:11.275679+00:00

1. How were tryouts? Did you make the team?選拔考試怎麼樣了?你入選球隊了嗎?

1. How were tryouts? Did you make the team?

選拔考試怎麼樣了?你入選球隊了嗎?


(Collins) also try-out

If you give something a tryout, you try it or test it to see how useful it is.

測試或檢驗某物是否有用(試行、試用、試驗)

The recycling scheme gets its first try-out in rural parts of the county.

在該縣的農村地區首次試行此回收計劃。


If you are given a tryout for a sports team or an acting role, you compete or you perform a test in an attempt to be chosen.

參加某個運動隊或某個表演角色的選拔,以便能夠入選。(選拔賽、選拔考試)

...tryouts for the U.S. junior national athletics team.

入選美國國家少年體育隊的選拔賽


(Collins)

If someone makes a particular team or makes a particular high position, they do so well that they are put in that team or get that position.

Make + 團隊或某個職位,因表現好而入選某個團隊或得到某個職位

The athletes are just happy to make the British team.

運動員們為能進入英國隊而高興。

He knew he was never going to make director.

他知道自己永遠無法晉升到主任的位置。


2. I want us to start over. We need to put the past behind us.

我想和你重新開始。我們應該忘掉過去。


(Longman) to start doing something again from the beginning, especially because you want to do it better

從頭開始做某件事情,尤其是因為你想把它做得更好。

If you make a mistake, just erase it and start over.

如果你犯了一個錯誤,那就擦掉,然後重新開始。

It's just not enough money to start life over.

這些錢根本不夠用來開始全新的生活。


(Longman) put something behind somebody

to try to forget about an unpleasant event or experience and think about the future

試圖忘記不愉快的事件或經歷,面向未來

We are trying to heal the divisions, put the past behind us.

我們正在努力彌合分歧,忘掉過去。


3. She looked so perky in her little short shorts.

她穿緊身短褲的樣子真是活力四射。

(Collins)

If someone is perky, they are cheerful and lively.

形容某人很開朗、很活潑

He wasn't quite as perky as normal.

他不像平時那樣活潑。

She had a perky, independent spirit.

她個性開朗、獨立。


4. Simmer down, I didn’t even go near her.

冷靜,我都沒靠近她。


(Longman) simmer

to boil gently, or to cook something slowly by boiling it gently

慢煮或用文火燉、煨

Bring the soup to the boil and allow it to simmer gently for about half an hour.

將湯燒開,然後慢慢地燉上半小時左右。


If you are simmering with anger, or if anger is simmering in you, you feel very angry but do not show your feelings.

你感到十分生氣,但卻未表現出來。

He was left simmering with rage.

他怒火中燒。


simmer down

to become calm again after you have been very angry

生氣之後,重新平靜下來。

We decided she needed some time to simmer down.

我們決定她需要一些時間冷靜一下。

關鍵字: