谷愛凌:思考改變(英漢雙語)

高中英語學習園地 發佈 2023-01-27T08:19:30.548331+00:00

As a female athlete in 2021, I think about change all the time.2021年作為一名女運動員,我一直在思考改變。


As a female athlete in 2021, I think about change all the time.

2021年作為一名女運動員,我一直在思考改變。

I think about how much has changed since I first began skiing,

我在想,自從我學習滑雪以來,發生了多少改變。

and the boys didn't think I belonged because I was a girl.

以前男生總因為我是一個女孩,認為我不屬於這項運動。

Now we ski together and they know I belong.

現在,我們一起滑雪,他們也知道我屬於這裡。

And I think about how much still needs to change,

我還在思考有多少事情需要改變,

and how we need to keep pushing the envelope for women athletes to be treated as fairly as the men.

我們需要如何推動女運動員獲得與男運動員相同的待遇。

And how I can use my voice and my platform to help make that change.

我可以怎麼樣用我的聲音和平台來幫助實現這一改變。

I've always dreamed big.

我一直有遠大的夢想。

My mom taught me that from day one.

我媽媽從第一天就教導我。

She taught me that the first person to believe in you must be yourself.

她告訴我第一個相信你的人一定是你自己。

The ideas of "good" and "bad", when it comes to the way you behave or portray yourself, are so subjective, that if you attempt to conform to them, you'll never fully succeed.

關於"好"與"壞",取決於你的行為和你展示自己的方式,這是很主觀的。如果你嘗試去符合他們,你永遠不會真正的成功。

I learned that the only way to fit a mold, is to create one for yourself, and that takes

courage.

我學到了,要符合一種模樣的唯一方法就是為你自己創造一個,而這需要勇氣。

And now I want to be a strong female role model for all young girls.

現在我想成為所有年輕女孩強大的榜樣。

To show them what they can accomplish through sport, through skiing.

向她們展示通過運動、滑雪可以獲得怎樣的成就。

To show them what is possible when you have the courage to dream big, and follow those

dreams.

向她們展示,當你有勇氣樹立遠大的夢想,並且追尋這些夢想時,能做到什麼。

One of my mottos is: "If it were easy, it wouldn't be a dream."

我的座右銘之一是:"簡單的事情,不足以稱之為夢想。"

Adversity and possibility of failure are what make life interesting.

正是逆境和失敗的可能性才讓生活變得有趣。

When I learn a new trick, it's okay to be scared.

當我學習一個新技巧時,害怕是很正常的。

It's okay that I will probably fall a million times before I get it right.

在我做好一個動作之前,可能會摔倒一百萬次,這也是很正常的。

It takes courage to be able to fall.

我們要有跌倒的勇氣。

But then, you use that courage to your advantage, and you work harder, and practice more, and eventually you land that new trick.

但是,你要把這種勇氣變成你的優勢。更加努力,多加練習,最後你就可以掌握這個新技巧。

Eventually, you accomplish your big dreams.

最後,你也能實現你遠大的夢想。

關鍵字: