馬雲對話記者(英漢雙語)

高中英語學習園地 發佈 2023-01-27T09:35:27.614059+00:00

第一個問題,您從一開始就堅信阿里巴巴能發展壯大,儘管彼時網際網路剛剛興起。無論人們相信與否,無論我們成功與否,總有人會在網際網路大潮里功成名就。


Reporter: Here with Alibaba chairman and co-founder Jack Ma, the man himself,

congratulations!

記者:這位是阿里巴巴董事會主席及其共同創立者——馬雲!祝賀你!

First of all, you believed that Alibaba could be big, even when the Internet was in

its earliest and roughest form.

第一個問題,您從一開始就堅信阿里巴巴能發展壯大,儘管彼時網際網路剛剛興起。

What do you have to say to the people who thought you were crazy?

當時有人說您瘋了,您是怎麼回應的呢?

Ma: Yeah, I think you know, as we give the souvenir today, that everybody

should have a dream, what if that dream comes true?

馬雲:正如今天我們留給每個人的紀念——每個人都需要一個夢想。(試想)夢想成真的那一天會怎樣呢?

So I believed 15 years ago that Internet is gonna change China, and is gonna

improve the world.

15年前,我相信網際網路會改變中國、會改善整個世界。

Whether you believe or not, whether we will succeed or not, but somebody

would succeed.

無論人們相信與否,無論我們成功與否,總有人會在網際網路大潮里功成名就。

So if you don't work hard, if you don't keep on working everyday, nobody has a

chance.

但如果你不去日復一日地奮鬥,誰也不會有天生的機會。

So, I never know we will be here today, so…(shrugs)

我當時也沒有確切地想過今天會站在這兒。

Reporter: What would you do with all this new capital? Would you buy Yahoo?

記者:您要怎樣運用新的資本?想買雅虎嗎?

Ma: Well, I don't know. Would they sell?

馬雲:他們打算賣嗎?

Reporter: Would you consider it?

記者:你考慮一下不?

Ma: No, I think the very important thing is, we want to build up a company, not

buying company.

馬雲:我覺得很重要的一點是:我們要建設一個公司,而不只是一直買公司。

We want to make sure that our ecosystem help the "small guys".

我要確保我們的"生態圈"幫助"小傢伙們"(指小微經濟)

Anything that can help small businesses grow, we would consider.

任何能夠幫助小微經濟成長的事情,都在我們阿里巴巴考慮的範疇。

Reporter: Have you spoken with Marissa Mayers? What were you talking about?

記者:您和瑪麗莎·梅耶爾(雅虎CEO)聊過嗎?

Ma: We talked a couple of months ago, and yesterday she sent a nice email to

me (for) congratulations and thanks.

馬雲:幾個月前我們聊過,昨天她還發給我一封郵件,表示恭喜與感謝。

Reporter: What is the biggest challenge of being a global company and dealing

with the Chinese government?

記者:您認為,作為一個全球公司,要處理好和中國政府的關係,最大的挑戰是什麼?

Ma: Well, being a global company, dealing with any government is difficult.

馬雲:作為一個全球公司,和任何政府打交道都是麻煩的。

So it's a great opportunity if you deal with the government well and communicate

with them, listen to their problems, solve their problems, tell them your problems,

如果想獲得好的發展機遇,那就需要處理好政府關係:與他們交流,聽取他們的意見,解決他們的問題,

並告訴他們你的問題。

that's the opportunity for communication, that's what we've survived the past 15

years.

好機遇來源於良好的溝通,這就是我們過去15年中的發展經驗。

All we are trying to say (is), "in love with the government but don't marry with

them". .

總體而言,"與之柔情蜜意,但就是不嫁"

I mean, this is our philosophy. Making sure that you solve the problem they want

to solve

這是我們處理與政府關係的哲學,保證能解決政府想要你自己解決的問題。

Reporter: US expansion you've said is very important, what's the timeline? When

will we see you expand significantly in the United States?

記者:您提到過,在美國的業務非常重要,(阿里開展美國業務)有時間表嗎?我們什麼時候能看見您在美國

大展身手?

Ma: We already start helping a lot of small business in the US, in California, in

Washington State.

馬雲:我們已經在美國試水幫助小微經濟發展,在加利福尼亞、華盛頓特區

We sell American cherries, we sell Alaska seafood, and we want to sell more

things.

幫助他們出售美國櫻桃、阿拉斯加海鮮……我們願意做得更多。

We are coming here not to compete, we are coming here to help a lot of small

business, which I think lot of things need to be done. It is not a competition.

阿里巴巴來美國不是為了競爭,而是為了向小微經濟業者提供幫助,我覺得有太多事情值得做,而非純

粹的競爭。

Reporter: Someone suggest a joint adventure with Amazon, would that ever

happen?

記者:據傳,阿里巴巴會與亞馬遜建立一個合資公司,這種傳言靠譜嗎?

Ma: Oh, really? I heard about it from you! I've never heard about t

馬雲:哦?真的?你告訴我之前我都沒聽說過!hat!

I will be interested talking. As always, anything, anybody that involving helping

small business, we will be excited.

我有興趣與各個公司對話,一如既往,任何個人或組織,如果有志於幫助發展小微經濟,我都期待與之

對話。

Reporter: You've got a lot of US companies trying to expand in China, a lot of US

companies have failed in China, yet CEOs' tag is "we're going there and trying to

get a leg up". What kind of mistakes are they making?

記者:許多美國公司嘗試在中國發展,也有許多美國公司在中國敗下陣來。然而還是有很多美國公司想要

去中國淘金。你認為他們犯了什麼錯?

Ma: I think, you know, they should send entrepreneurs there.

馬雲:我覺得,進入任何一個市場經濟市場,你需要進行充分的準備,

Every market, if it is a market economy, you have to make sure you have

entrepreneurs there, not only the professional managers.

不是僅僅派出職業經理人就能擺平的。

My view is that try to make your customer happy instead of making your boss

happy.

我的觀點是:取悅你的顧客,大於取悅你的老闆。

And making sure send people there understand market, have patience and have

the time to do that.

你要確保,被派去開拓新市場的人,有耐心與時間去了解市場。

And what we want to do is that we want to help a lot of small guys because big

guys are already in China.

比如阿里巴巴,我們主要面向"小傢伙",因為"大個頭"在中國已經有了市場地位,

Small guys they need help like us. And this is what we feel excited about."

小傢伙"才需要我們這樣的平台幫助,這是最讓我們興奮的業務。

Reporter: Alibaba is successful in part because it is so diverse and so sprawling, I

am curious, what's kind of business ideas have you said "no" to?

記者:阿里巴巴的成功,包含其驚人的多元化商業模式,我很好奇,您會否定什麼樣的商業計劃?

Ma: I'm saying "no" to a lot of ideas because as a CEO I have to say no to

opportunities because if I say yes I probably get 5,000 opportunities every day.

馬雲:我會否定很多點子,作為CEO,我需要對各種"機會"說不,如果我都認可,我每天將面對5000個可

能的發展方向。

But whether yes or no, everything based on the mission that we are helping

doing business easier.

但是無論認可與否,我的決斷要基於阿里巴巴的使命——讓交易變得更簡單

If it's on that we'll consider. If somebody come and say can you… we will… we'll

make a lot of money, I'm not interested.

這才是我們會考慮的事情。如果有人跑來跟我說:你去做這個生意吧,很賺錢!我對這個不感興趣。

Reporter: You stepped down as CEO a couple of years ago, and you are now

executive chairman. Are you really the CEO, still?

記者:你幾年前從CEO職位上離任,現在是阿里巴巴的主席,你現在還是阿里巴巴實際上的CEO嗎?

Ma: No, I'm the chairman.

馬雲:不,我現在是董事會主席。

I focus my time on training, developing people. I focus my time on government

relationship with all the nations that helping small business. I focus my time on

global expansion.

我現在的時間主要用於培訓人員、處理與各國政府的關係、幫助小微經濟發展,再就是進行全球擴張。

That's all strategic thinking. I don't do any, you know, this kind of operation work.

主要是戰略性的思考,不再負責具體的操作了。

Reporter: You surprise us all the time Jack, what's your next surprise?

記者:您總是讓人驚訝,下一次您會帶來什麼驚喜?

Ma: Well, it's coming.

馬雲:就來了,就來了。

Reporter: How are you going to celebrate with your co-founders?

記者:您打算怎樣和董事們慶祝上市呢?

Ma: Well we had a big dinner last night and everybody cried.

馬雲:我們昨晚舉辦了盛大的慶功宴,大家都哭了

And we said, well, you know, 15 years, we never know that we could of through.

15年了,我們也完全沒想到,自己能走到這一步。

Who are the people we should be thankful?

我們在聊我們應該感謝哪些人?

We say we thank the customers, we thank the young. That's the people, not us.

我們感謝客戶、年輕人,感謝那些不是我們自己的人。

So that's why we put the young people there, the customers, because we

believe after 15 years the purpose of working so hard is that we want to make

these people successful because when they're successful, our success is a

result.

這就是讓他們(8位阿里"生態圈"的代表)上去敲鐘的原因,因為我們相信:15年來,我們努力的目的是讓這

些人收穫成功,也唯有他們的成功,我們的成功才真正開花結果!

Reporter: You love to sing at Kalaok party?

記者:您喜歡唱卡拉OK?

Ma: Yeah I do, but I don't have time. I will try to squeeze more time when I am

getting old. Sometimes I will sing again.

馬雲:是的,誰都喜歡唱K,但是我現在沒有時間,再老一點或許可以擠出更多的時間來唱歌。

關鍵字: